Thursday 29 August 2013

A Look At The Way You Travel

The need for transportation can be traced far back into human history. Trudging along by foot was replaced by hitching a ride on domesticated animals and finally came the invention of the wheel. With this invention, the very essence of travel changed. In the modern era, advance technology combined with some great ideas has changed the way we travel to the greatest extent, shrinking the world as it were. Yet sometimes why is it so difficult to get a ride?!

I recently thought of times that we would actually need to rely on an alternate means of transport than the cars we own. Our friends, relatives and neighbours are definitely our first choice when such a need arises, but with Murphy’s Law at work, you can depend on it that they may not be available just at the right time. So what are the options? In this article, we will discuss three common situations wherein we would need an alternate transport and see what are the most convenient, time saving and safe options we have at our disposal.

Pick up and Drops:

I recently had to go out of town for a business meet. My flights were booked and I was all set to leave. I decided to leave my car in the garage and take an alternate transport for my airport drop. My options were an airport shuttle, train or a cab. I decided to book a cab because it gave me the comfort of being picked up right from my doorstep and being dropped right at the terminal. It is also is a safer option as I could avoid being jostled by strangers in the crowd what with my luggage in tow. The transit was so comfortable that I decided to have them pick me up at the airport on my arrival a few days later.

Night Outs:

Now who of us would not like a good night out? Good food and a few drinks with a bunch of besties definitely keep us in good spirits. Hmmm … If we are driving back home, we definitely need to be careful of too high a dose of spirits! Drinking and driving is not just against the law, it is detrimental to one’s own safety and the safety of others. I personally prefer to get a cab drive me back home; it is convenient, time saving and once again safe. So, I just drink and let the cabbie drive!

Health Check Ups:

A medical check up or a general blood test may leave a person quite weak and unable to drive himself back home. This is another situation where many prefer to use an alternate means of transport. Definitely, for emergency medical needs I still prefer you dial an ambulance, for anything else you have the option of getting into a bus, a train or a cab. My favourite again though is the cab. Firstly, the convenience of getting into one as soon as I walk out of the clinic’s entrance. Secondly, I am comfortably seated, which may not be possible in a bus or a train. Finally, most of these cab drivers are trained to be more careful when there are patients on board so it definitely is a good option.

There are many cab services that are operating in town through which you can have your ride booked. You also have options of booking a cab in advance through a phone call or an online request. They have options where you can mention any specific needs like follow-up doctor visit or if you need a child safety seat and so on. So here it is – your alternate mode of transport. Book a cab and get goings.

For More Information:-

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your great article. Very well written, much appreciated.

    Hong Kong City Tour

    ReplyDelete